Sunday, October 29, 2006

Without

Have you ever wondered why they don't have a school of the prophets anymore? Or maybe they do, and I just don't know about it. Perhaps BYU is a type of school of the prophets... although it has a ways to go before it becomes as successful.

Losing our vertical relationship with God also damages our horizontal relationships with others.

2 Peter 1 gives instruction on how to have charity. It's a little discouraging to think that I have to have all these other things before I can have charity, but I suppose it makes sense. I've been trying hard to love others, and I feel like I don't hate or despise others, but I don't think I love them as God does. That's sad. It's probably because I'm a selfish person living my life for myself.

1 comment:

Nectar said...

It is a cliche, but you love those that you serve.

About Me

My photo
Indie videogame writer and Wikipedian-in-Residence at the BYU Library. You are probably wrong about something, and so am I.